Batteries, Battery Cabinets, Hybrid Power Systems
NorthStar provides customers with the most reliable energy backup solutions, while at the same time cutting their operating cost and carbon footprint, with a short payback time.
- Ensuring customers have the lowest environmental impact
- The Premium AGM thin plate batteries can deliver 2X storage life, 10% more power and 30% longer life in harsh conditions
- NorthStar Battery’s unique expertise can protect customers from 85% of battery failure risks
- Customers are assisted in cutting their costs by 80% in harsh environments
- NorthStar high efficiency hybrid battery solutions can reduce fuel usage by 70% in off grid sites
NorthStar Battery (NSB) manufactures four families of absorbed glass mat (AGM) batteries, each with its own technology and attributes that makes it particularly suited for the rigors imposed on batteries in a specific application.
NSB BLUE+ Battery
The NSB BLUE+ battery uses our thin plate lead carbon (TPLC) technology that has been optimized for fast recharge and partial state of charge (PSOC) applications. It can be recharged from 50% state of charge to full charge in as little as 3 hours. The design life of the BLUE+ battery is 12+ years. This is the preferred battery for high cycle life.
NSB HT RED Battery
NSB RED Battery
If high temperature is not an issue but you want long life in the 20⁰-35⁰C range regardless of the electric grid quality, the NSB Red battery using our pure lead – long life (TPPL) technology is an ideal choice. The battery has a recharge time of 6 hours from 50% to full charge.
NSB UPS Battery
NSB OPzV Battery
Battery performance is strongly affected by environment temperatures. Every 10°C increase from the ideal operating temperature of 20°C halves the life of a battery. So at 40°C, a battery that should last 10 years can last only 2.5 years. This drives up replacement costs and severely increases the impact on the environment. SiteStar technology will extend battery life and save energy.
SiteStar® cabinets are designed for both indoor and outdoor environments, with a unique combination of low thermal conductive materials and a high-efficiency climate solution. With an extremely cost-effective cooling technology and a cabinet shell that allows minimal transfer of temperatures, batteries are kept at optimal operating temperature, with the energy usage equivalent to a single light bulb. This means the SiteStar® cabinets offer up to 95% power savings compared to air-conditioned cabinets.
SiteStar® cabinet benefits
- Designed to be the industry’s most cost-effective and energy-efficient telecom backup solution.
- Multiply the lifespan of batteries
- Up to 95% power saving compared to traditional airconditioned battery cabinets
- Designed for harsh outdoor environments
- Low power consumption reduces CO2 emissions
- Eco Mode to optimize energy consumption
- Summary or individual alarm output
- Battery capacity up to 4 strings of 48V 190 Ah
- 2 and 3 string security versions available to protect batteries from theft and vandalism
- Dual skin construction with foam insulation outer liner made of powder coated stainless steel
- Ingress protection class IP55
- Non destruct -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
Hybrid power systems
A hybrid power system is a compact solution for remote telecom sites, primarily. Typically the system contains a AC/DC diesel generator, solar PV panels, wind power, DC power system, cooling system, batteries, inverter, hybrid control system, distribution system, and a system monitoring unit. It is considered a ‘green’ solution.